Discussing Aviane With Your Healthcare Provider
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Aviane?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Problems with your heart valves
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use
- High cholesterol
- Gallbladder disease
- A history of heart attack or stroke
- A history of blood clots or a clotting disorder
- Chest pain
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Migraines or other severe headaches
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Will be having surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Alesse and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Alesse and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Aviane to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)