General Instructions for Aviane
General Information on Dosing With AvianeConsiderations for people using Aviane include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Aviane with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Aviane contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods while taking Aviane. Keep taking the drug as normal.
- It is important that you take Aviane every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Aviane will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Aviane dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.