General Information on Taking Atazanavir
Considerations for people taking atazanavir include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- Atazanavir should be taken with food.
- People with liver disease may need a lower atazanavir dosage.
- Try to take atazanavir at the same time every day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions about taking atazanavir. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing resistance to it, thereby making it less effective.
- If you are unsure about anything related to atazanavir dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.