Important Instructions for Amethyst
Some general considerations to keep in mind when taking Amethyst include the following:
- Amethyst comes in the form of a tablet that is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Amethyst contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting while taking Amethyst. Keep taking it as normal.
- It is very important to take Amethyst every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
There is only one standard dose of Amethyst, regardless of age, weight, or medical conditions. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Amethyst Dosage for more information.)