Basic Instructions for Amethyst
Some considerations to keep in mind when using Amethyst include the following:
- Amethyst comes in the form of a tablet that is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your dosage with food or on an empty stomach. If Amethyst bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting while taking Amethyst. Keep taking the medication as normal.
- It is very important to take Amethyst every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Amethyst dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.