Common Reactions to Alyacen
Common Side EffectsBecause studies for birth control pills do not usually use a placebo, only vague information is available about possible Alyacen side effects. In fact, the side effects listed in the prescribing information for Alyacen are actually the possible side effects of all birth control pills in general. Some of the common bothersome (but not usually dangerous) side effects of birth control pills include but are not limited to:
- Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods (especially for the first few cycles)
- Headaches (although birth control pills can improve headaches in some women)
- Nausea and vomiting (this can be improved by taking Alyacen with food)
- Breast tenderness and swelling
- Acne (although birth control pills can also improve acne)
- Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses
- Changes in sex drive (typically a decrease in sex drive).
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Alyacen or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.