General Information on Taking Alyacen
General Information on Taking AlyacenSome considerations to keep in mind while taking Alyacen include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Each pack of Alyacen contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Alyacen with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking the pills with food.
- It is important to take Alyacen every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Alyacen, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.